Food poisoning or reporting unsafe food

If you have symptoms of food poisoning such as vomiting, diarrhea and/or a fever, we recommend that you see your GP. Food poisoning can occur after consuming food or drink which is contaminated with harmful bacteria. It can occur within an hour to days, and even weeks after consuming the food.

Our Environmental Health Officers investigate food safety concerns in the shire and if you believe you have received food poisoning from a local food business you should report this to the Shire’s Environmental Health Services.

What information we need

  • When you think the contaminated food was eaten.
  • The name and full street address of the food business, or event where you think you or others ate the contaminated food.
  • The symptoms of anyone who has become ill and when they first started to feel unwell.
  • The food or foods you think have made you or others unwell, along with other foods eaten at the same time (including dips and sauces).
  • If still available, our Environmental Health Officer may send some of the contaminated food for testing to assist with the investigation. If it is possible, keep aside a sample of the suspected contaminated food in the fridge for collection.

For further information, please contact Health Services on 9526 1111 or by email