Online Form - Application for Self-Managed Rural Verge

Self-managed verges are essentially verges that are maintained by the landowner of the property adjacent to the verge, instead of the Shire.

Please note: The Shire manages only selected verges within the rural landscape providing the service of weed control with possible slashing and tree services.

Residents of properties zoned as Rural or Urban, who currently have verges managed by the Shire, may formally request the responsibility of managing their own verges by using the form below.

Property address of verge to be self-managed
Are you the owner of the property? *
By submitting this application, I acknowledge and take responsibility for the verge in question, which includes addressing and maintaining the tasks listed below (please tick all): *

By submitting this form, you agree to:

  • Not plant in any drains as these may be removed during drainage maintenance by the Shire;
  • Seek prior approval from the Shire if you intend to burn any verge materials (failure to do this can be classified as arson - see more here);
  • Note that all trees on the verge are managed by the Shire;
  • Lodge a request with the Shire if the verge tree needs to be assessed (requests can be lodged here)

If your application is approved, your verge will be registered as a resident managed verge. The Shire will then erect yellow posts on either side of the verge property boundary to allow for identification.

These identification posts indicate to Shire Officers or contractors employed by the Shire to NOT undertake any works (spraying etc.) on that section of the verge, other than drainage or tree maintenance. 

By submitting this application, you agree to take responsibility for and to ensure the yellow posts are always visible and to notify the Shire if replacement posts are required.

I have read and agree to the terms and conditions outlined above *