Sport and Active Recreation Plan
During this year, the Shire will develop a plan to engage local sporting groups and individuals in fitness related activities; we encourage you to share your views.
Do you want to be involved in the future of Sport and Active Recreation in your Shire?
We would love to hear your views on the issues and opportunities for living an active and healthy lifestyle in SJ. To get involved, complete the online survey or speak to a representative from your local sports group, don't miss your opportunity to contribute to this exciting project.
The intended outcomes of the Sport and Active Recreation Plan are:
- An increase in physical activity participation;
- A reduction in the percentage of residents being overweight and obese;
- Recognition of the value of sport and active recreation in the community;
- Support for people and services for a stronger, happier and more connected community; and
- Funds for minor upgrades and facilities being shared fairly amongst the local sports groups.
Local sporting groups will be contacted directly by the Shire’s Coordinator Sport and Recreation Jason Parker to set up appointments with Dave Lanfear Consulting.
If you have any questions about the process, you can contact Dave Lanfear Consulting directly:
The Shire appreciates the time and input you may contribute to this important project.