Town Planning Scheme No. 2 – Amendment No. 205
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2005
APPROVED TOWN PLANNING SCHEME AMENDMENT
Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale
TOWN PLANNING SCHEME NO. 2 – AMENDMENT NO. 205
It is hereby notified for public information, in accordance with section 87 of the Planning and Development Act 2005 that the Minister for Planning approved the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale Town Planning Scheme amendment on 31 May 2019 for the purpose of:
- Rezoning Lots 47, 48 & 809 Shanley Road, Mardella from ‘Rural’ to ‘Farmlet’ and amending the Scheme Map accordingly.
- Listing Lots 47, 48 & 809 Shanley Road, Mardella in ‘APPENDIX 4C – FARMLET ZONE’ and including the appropriate details in Appendix 4C of the Scheme as follows:
SPECIFIED AREA OF LOCALITY
SPECIAL PROVISIONS TO REFER TO (a)
Lots 47, 48 & 809 Shanley Road, Mardella
2. In exercising its discretion in respect to AA uses, the Council, having regard to the Planning Guidelines for Nutrient Management, shall only permit such uses when it is satisfied, following consultation with government agencies, that the land use does not involve excessive nutrient application or clearing of land.
3. A structure plan shall be prepared over the specified area. In addition to the requirements of the Structure Plan Framework, the following specific items are to be addressed through structure planning:
i The identification of building envelopes and/or building exclusion areas.
ii. A Local Water Management Strategy to the satisfaction of the local government, which is to include the identification of appropriate water monitoring mechanisms.
iii. A Level 2 Flora Survey over the vegetation contained within the unmade road reserve along the southern boundary of the subject lots.
iv. A Noise Management Plan in accordance with State Planning Policy 5.4 Road and Rail Transport Noise and Freight Considerations in Land Use Planning (2009).
v. A Nutrient and Irrigation Management Plan addressing fertiliser applications and treatment of stormwater, as well as requirements to be addressed by individual lot owners to comply with at future subsequent stages of development.
vi.A Weed Management Plan as approved by the local government, which is to specifically address the eradication of ‘Cotton Bush’.
vii.The extent of land required by Main Roads Western Australia for the extension of Tonkin Highway.
4. The land is situated within the Serpentine Groundwater Area and a well license for a bore must be obtained from the Department of Water and Environment Regulation. The sitting of bores shall be to the requirements of the Department having regard to the location of any effluent disposal systems, water bodies, drains and neighbouring bores.
K R DONOHOE
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER