Community Perceptions Survey 2018 Results
Residents had the opportunity to provide feedback on the level of services, activities and facilities available in the Shire.
Community survey to shape Shire going forward
The Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale would like to thank residents who participated in the 2018 Community Perceptions Survey.
The Community Perceptions Survey provides an overview of our performance in service delivery and gives council additional community feedback to consider in the delivery of the Strategic Community Plan.
Overwhelmingly, residents like the Shire as a place to live, rating it 70/100. This is up 6 points since 2013, but 7 points below the industry standard. As a governing organisation, we rated 43/100.
The ‘Overall Performance Index Score’ is a combined measure of the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale as a ‘place to live’ and as a ‘governing organisation’.
The Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale’s overall performance index score is 57 out of 100, 9 index points below the industry standard for Western Australia.
What areas did the Shire rate well in?
The Shire’s strongest performing service areas were;
- Natural disaster (bushfire) prevention
- Weekly rubbish collection
- Fortnightly recycle collection
- Serpentine Jarrahdale Recreation Centre
What are the areas for improvement?
The seven key areas that respondents would like the Shire to focus on going forward included:
- Local roads and traffic, with a particular focus on improving road surfaces across the Shire and reducing congestion in and around the Byford Town Centre.
- Value for money from Council rates.
- Footpaths, trails and cycle ways across the Shire to increase connectivity, improve safety and encourage an active community.
- An increase in playgrounds, parks and reserves, introducing dog exercise areas and installing more play equipment and facilities.
- Access to public transport, especially the extension of the Armadale train line and more bus services.
- Streetscapes, by beautifying suburb entrances and increasing verge maintenance.
- Safety and security, including more police, security patrols and other preventative measures.
What will the Shire do with the feedback?
How can I view the survey results?
Community Perceptions Survey 2018 - MARKYT Community Scorecard