Ageing Well Strategy
How can we better plan for people to be able to maintain a high quality of life, as they grow older?
Public Comment - Draft Ageing Well Strategy
Submissions can be made in writing by post or email and close 5pm, Friday 28 June 2019.
Why are we doing an Ageing Well Strategy?
The Ageing Well Strategy and it’s accompanying Action Plan aims to;
- Identify strategies and priority actions for Council over the next 5 years.
- Identity specific services, infrastructure and programs that will support healthy ageing and meet community needs.
- Identify areas of advocacy that Council can undertake on behalf of the community.
- Assist Council to work effectively with the community and its key partners to achieve an age-friendly future for the Shire.
The strategy will consider the 8 themes of the World Health Organisation’s Global Age Friendly Cities Checklist;
- Outdoor spaces and buildings
- Social participation
- Respect and social inclusion
- Civic participation and employment
- Communication and information
- Community and health services