Information Statement and FOI
This Information Statement is published by the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 1992.
Freedom of Information (FOI)
The intention of the Freedom of Information Act is to:
- Confer upon persons a general right of access to information held by agencies;
- Confer upon individuals a right to apply to an agency for an amendment of personal information to ensure that it is accurate, complete, up to date and not misleading;
- Place an obligation on agencies to make publicly available certain information about their operations.
The Act requires that agencies prepare and publish an Information Statement which conveys the maximum possible detail to the public about its operations and which makes available to the public documents such as internal manuals which have previously been unavailable.
This Information Statement is published by the Shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale in accordance with the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act as outlined above.
Lodging a Freedom of Information - FOI Request
Application forms are available from the Shire Administration Centre. It is not mandatory to use the application forms provided, however, an application must be in writing and:
- Provide enough information to enable the requested document to be identified.
- Provide an Australian address for correspondence.
- Be accompanied by the prescribed application fee if the document requested is for non-personal information.
- Specify the manner in which access is requested, e.g. copy requested.
Your application will be dealt with as soon as practicable (within 45 days) after it is received.
Further information can be obtained from the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale’s Freedom of Information Coordinator.
Additionally you can lodge your application by addressing it to: