Policies are adopted by the Council to provide guiding principles for use during the decision making process.
A Complete Policy Manual is contained below which includes all Council Polices.
If you know the Policy you are looking for you can use the find on this page field above to locate an individual Policy, alternatively scroll through the list to find the one you need.
Council often reviews and amends Council Policies in line with evolving community needs.
Complete Council Policy Manual
Individual Council Policies
1.1 Chief Executive Officer
- Council Policy 1.1.3 - Public Question and Public Statement Time - Ordinary Council Meeting (72 KB, pdf )
- Council Policy 1.1.10 - Civic Functions, Ceremonies and Receptions and Use of the Civic Centre (64 KB, pdf )
- Council Policy 1.1.14 - Forums of Council Policy Concept Forums, Question & Answer Agenda Forums and Workshops (76 KB, pdf )
1.2 Executive Support
1.3 Economic Development, Tourism and Marketing
1.4 Human Resources
- Council Policy 1.4.1 - Payments to Employees in Addition to Contract or Award on Cessation of Employment (53 KB, pdf )
2.0 Infrastructure Services
2.1 Infrastructure and Design
- Council Policy 2.1.2 - Restricted Access Vehicle Operations Within the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale (76 KB, pdf )
- Council Policy 2.1.6 - Cemeteries Grant of Right of Burial at Serpentine or Jarrahdale Cemeteries (48 KB, pdf )
3.0 Corporate Services
3.1 Information Communication Technology
3.2 Financial Services
3.3 Corporate Services
4.0 Development Services
Local Planning Policies adopted under the Shire's Town Planning Scheme No. 2 are available HERE.
4.1 Statutory Planning and Compliance
4.2 Strategic Planning
4.3 Building Services
4.4 Environmental Health
- Council Policy 4.4.1 - Health Services Functions in Relation to the Environmental Protection Act 1986 (58 KB, pdf )
4.5 Rangers and Emergency
5.0 Community Services / Deputy CEO
5.1 Strategic Community Planning
5.2 Community Services
- Council Policy 5.2.1 - Police Clearance and Working With Children Certificates for Volunteers (49 KB, pdf )