Rates Concessions and Rebates

Information on when you may be eligible for a rates concession or rebate.

Senior 640x280

Rates rebates

Pensioner and Seniors Rebate

You are eligible for a rates rebate (limited to a maximum capped amount) if you are the owner and occupier of the property as at 1 July, and you are the holder of a valid Pensioner Concession Card, State Concession Card, WA Seniors Card or both a WA Seniors Card and Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.

All applications are managed by Water Corporation. Call them on 1300 659 951 or visit their website.

This application form will cover your Local Government rates, Water Corporation annual charges, Emergency Services Levy and underground electricity connection charges rebates.

Rebates apply to Rates and Emergency Services Levy only, and not to rubbish collection and other charges.

Rates concessions

How do I apply for a rates concession?

You can apply for concessions relating to farmland and conservation activities on your property. Eligible properties in the UV Rural category can have their rate in the dollar reduced by 31% for farmland and 50% for conservation.

Farmland concessions are reviewed every two years. Please call the Rates Team on 9526 1111 to make an application. Applications are effective from 1 July.

For more information on the concessions please read the below information.