After construction, the developments are controlled by the subdivision developers for 1-2 years before the assets are taken over by the Shire.
Subdivision Development and Management
Phone Work 9526 1111
Subdivisional Guidelines and Standards
- Standards - Complete (4.1 MB, pdf )
- Standard - Piping, Subsoil and Drainage (632 KB, pdf )
- Standard - Paths, Ramps, Bollards and Signs (1 MB, pdf )
- Standard - Manhole Connection Pit (889 KB, pdf )
- Standard - Kerbing (809 KB, pdf )
- Standard - Easement Layout (621 KB, pdf )
- Information Note - Stormwater Requirements (265 KB, pdf )
The Shire has a team of environmental professionals that oversee the protection and development of our natural assets, from approving the landscaping of our verges and overseeing the creation of authentic streetscapes, to undertaking audits of native flora.
The Shire is engaged in multiple programs that aim to benefit the environment and our community. Free verge and herbicide programs, and a free verge tree program is offered to residents, in conjunction with the many programs the Shire supports through Landcare SJ.
The Shire is responsible for many different aspects of water management. We provide accurate information regarding stormwater and subsoil piping requirements for dwellings, and information about drainage requirements within subdivisions and developments across Serpentine Jarrahdale.
We also provide information and advice in relation to residential and rural easements.