How to lodge a Planning Application

Developments generally require some form of planning or building application.

Do I need a planning image 490x290
Knowing if planning approval is required for your next project can be a challenge. Development within the Shire is guided by the Planning and Development Act 2005 and the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale Local Planning Scheme. The Shire has also developed a number of supporting policies to encourage orderly and proper planning within the unique character of the Shire.  

Our free online mapping tool will help you find out a great deal of information about your property, including size and zoning. 
Our Town Planning Scheme regulates land uses in the Shire.  
Our Local Planning Policies supplement the Town Planning Scheme and may outline development requirements or exemptions to development approvals.

Items Requiring Planning Approval

The following are common items that require planning approval in Serpentine Jarrahdale.

  • Development within the Jarrahdale Heritage and Townscape precincts and all heritage places or precincts.
  • Variations to the Residential Design Codes, Local Planning Policies and the Town Planning Scheme.
  • Development outside of the Building Envelope.

Application for Development Approval

Below is our Application for Development Approval form. Please read through the form carefully and ensure that a complete information package is supplied to the Shire at the time of lodgement.

If you are unsure of your planning requirements, you can contact our Planning team in a number of different ways.

  • Visit the Shire office, we have a duty planner available each day
  • Phone the Planning Services Team
  • Complete a Request for Written Planning Advice Form and pay a small fee