Your Bin Service
Find out about your bin collection service; including how to use your bins, applying for a new service, upgrading an existing service and our innovative bin lid maxi closers.
Please note: If your bin is missed please contact our waste contractor Cleanaway on 9550 4755, and they will arrange to collect your missed bin.
- The Shire's waste collection services is provided by Cleanaway.
- General waste bins (green lid) are collected weekly, recycling bins (yellow lid) are collected fortnightly.
- We can provide two bin size options - 1 x 140L waste bin and 1 x 240L recycle bin or 1 x 240L waste bin and 1 x 240L recycle bin.
- If your bin is missed please contact our waste contractor Cleanaway on 9550 4755, and they will arrange to collect your missed bin.
- If your bin is damaged please contact the Shire Customer Service Team to arrange a replacement.
How to use your bins
|Waste bin (green lid)||Recycling bin (yellow lid)|
|General waste||Anything with the 'recycling symbol'|
|Food waste||Glass bottles and jars (no lids or china)|
|Foam||Plastic bottles and containers|
|Broken and unusable household items||Steel and aluminum cans|
|Textiles||No silver lined UHT cartons|
|No green waste|
Apply for a new service
To apply for a new bin service, complete the Apply for a new bin service form available below or in person at our Administration Centre. Completed applications can be submitted electronically, by mail or in person at our Administration Centre. We are only able to process applications that are signed by the landowner or their authorised agent. The reason for this is that bins belong to the property where the bins are located.
Upgrade an existing service
If you find that you require more space for your rubbish and recycling, you can apply for additional bins or larger bins (fees apply).
To apply complete the Upgrade and/or add to an existing bin service available below or in person at our Administration Centre. Completed applications can be submitted electronically, by mail or in person at our Administration Centre. We are only able to process applications that are signed by the landowner or their authorised agent. The reason for this is that bins belong to the property where the bins are located.
|Rubbish rates for 2019/20|
|Waste 140L bin||$246|
|Waste 240L bin||$324|
|Recycle 240L bin||$153|
Placing your bins correctly helps us to provide you with a timely and efficient collection service.
To ensure your waste is collected
- Put your bins out before 6am on the morning of collection.
- Place bins half a metre back from the kerb with the handle and wheels facing your property.
- Place your general waste and recycling bins half a metre apart from each other.
- Ensure access to the bin is not blocked by cars, power poles, trees, etc.
- Do not leave any excess material or waste next to your bin.
- Return bins to your yard before 6pm on your collection day.
Your waste will not be collected if your bin is
- Overfull or the lid is not fully closed.
- Not placed on the verge before 6am.
- Not placed correctly for collection.
- Contaminated with incorrect items or hazardous waste.
- Over 80kg.
- Not a bin supplied by us.
Bin lid Maxi Closers
Are your household bin lids blowing open, scattering its contents down the street? Resolve the problem with a Maxi Closer.
They come in two different sizes, 1 size for the 240L waste and recycle bins and 1 size for the 140L waste bin.
Maxi Closers are easy to fit, keep the lid closed even in gale force conditions are easily removed and extremely durable.
They are free (1 per household) and are available from our Administration Centre in Mundijong.