Waste Water Treatment
Only a small proportion of our Shire has reticulated sewerage.
Our Environmental Health team assess a large number of applications for onsite effluent disposal systems, working with installers and land owners to ensure that all systems minimise risks to public health and our environment.
For a list of current approved waste water systems, and list of approved ATU service persons, please see the Department of Health Public Health website on:
Department of Health
- How to Apply for an On-Site Effluent Disposal System (125 KB, pdf )
- Nutrient Retentive Effluent Disposal Systems (121 KB, pdf )
- Aerobic Treatment Units (412 KB, PDF )
- ATU's and List of Suitable Plants (320 KB, pdf )
- Supplement to Regulation 29 (178 KB, pdf )
- Trade Waste Water Information (627 KB, pdf )
- Decommissioning of Septic Systems (98 KB, pdf )
- Liquid Waste Removers - Septic Tank Cleaning Services (86 KB, pdf )
- Phosphorus Free Detergent Register (1.9 MB, PDF )