Food businesses are a staple of our local economy.
We strive to provide support to local food businesses, with an emphasis on education and compliance with the relevant regulations for food safety.
Our Environmental Health team routinely assess all food businesses within the Shire.
For more in-depth information about food safety, please visit the Department of Health website which is listed in the External Links below.
What is FoodSafe?
The National Food Safety Standard requires people working with food to have skills and knowledge of food hygiene matters.
FoodSafe was developed by Environmental Health Australia in consultation with government, academia, industry and consumers, and is an in-house training program bringing basic food hygiene information directly to food handlers.
With new food establishments opening every day, more people are eating out more often, and food poisoning is on the increase.
As people now take legal action when something goes wrong, it makes sense for proprietors to protect themselves by making sure their products are as safe as possible.
FoodSafe is an ideal first step towards safer food.
FoodSafe Online Course - Free for Shire residents
Food handlers can now can log in, in their free time and in the comfort of their home to complete the FoodSafe Online course free of charge at www.ehawa.org.au/products/foodsafe-products/foodsafe-online
On the payment details page, the unique discount voucher FSSERPE336 can be used and it will apply the $35 discount.
Upon completion of the transaction, the downloadable instructions can be followed through to register and start the course.
A FoodSafe printable certificate is available once the course is successfully completed.
For a preview of the course, please click here.
Additionally, to register your interest in the Shire's Foodsafe/Healthy menu options program, please complete the below and one of our Environmental Health Officers will be in contact with you.
- Establish or Construct a Food Business (633 KB, pdf )
- Food Preparation in Residential Premises (113 KB, pdf )
- Food Labelling Requirements (94 KB, pdf )
- Guideline - Temporary Food Stall (771 KB, pdf )
- Guideline - Sausage Sizzles (97 KB, pdf )
- Salmonella (117 KB, pdf )
- Food Storage and Traceability (113 KB, pdf )
- Healthier Vendor Guide - Summer 2018-2019 (458 KB, pdf )
- Construct or Alter a Food Premises (366 KB, pdf )
- Food Premises Notification / Registration Form (222 KB, pdf )
- Prepare and Sell Food from Residential Premises (311 KB, pdf )
- Application for a Collective Food Vendors Approval – Events (391 KB, PDF )
- Section 39 (Liquor Licensing) (264 KB, pdf )
- Trading in Public Places Licence (156 KB, pdf )
- Application Form - Request for Environmental Health Document Search (224 KB, pdf )