KidSport Program

KidSport enables kids aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance for club fees to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances.

KidSport Online 490 x 290 no 2

What is the Kidsport Program?

The Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale understand the important role clubs and sport play in creating a positive and active community and feel that all children should have the opportunity to be involved.

KidSport makes it possible for eligible children to join a not-for-profit sport or recreation club, by contributing up to $150 towards club registration fees.

What is the eligibility criteria?

  • Live within the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale
  • Be aged 5 - 18 years
  • Have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card or if in financial hardship be referred by a Kidsport Financial Assessor

How do I apply?

  • Check you meet the eligibility criteria.
  • Ensure you have an electronic copy of your Health Care / Pensioner Concession Card (scanned or photographed copy is fine). The file is required to be uploaded onto the online form in any of the following formats – .doc,.docx,.pdf,.png,.jpg,.jpeg (Max: 5 MB).
  • Go to the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries website and click on the KidSport link on the right hand side.
  • On the KidSport homepage, click on the ‘Apply for KidSport Online’ link, to open online form.
  • Complete all the fields on the online form and upload a copy of your Health Care / Pensioner Concession Card.
  • An automated email confirmation of your application will be sent through to the email address that you provided on the form. If you do not receive this email after a few hours, please contact the Shire.
  • The Shire of Jarrahdale will now assess the application and you will be informed, via email, if it has been approved or rejected.

I don't have access to a computer to apply online?

If you don’t have access to a computer you can visit the Shire Administration Centre at 6 Paterson Street Mundijong during business hours and our customer service staff will provide a computer for you to use and assistance.

Alternatively you can still complete a paper-based form and submit it to the Shire for processing.

What is a KidSport Financial Assessor?

If the family does not have a Healthcare or Pension card, children can be referred to the program through an approved KidSport Financial Assessor if the family finds itself in ‘unforeseen circumstances’ resulting in financial hardship. KidSport Financial Assessors are professional employees at agencies which can provide support services for families (generally from community or government support agencies) and who will assess the family’s financial situation against the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries exceptions. If you wish to refer children to the program you will need to be approved by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries as a KidSport Financial Assessor. For more information visit the website.

Which Sport and Recreation Clubs are in the Shire?

The Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale has a diverse range of activities for your child to participate in, whether in a team sport or a solo sport. Click here for our Community Database which lists a variety of Sport and Recreation Clubs and their contact details.

Department of Local Government Sport and Cultural Industries Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What will I need when I go to apply for KidSport online?

    Please ensure you have access to a scanner , or have an electronic copy of your Health Care / Pensioner concession card so it is ready to attach as a file online.

  • Can I apply for KidSport using the online application form, if a Referral Agent is signing off on my application?

    No you cannot. At this stage, the online application form is only for applicants who are eligible for KidSport using a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card.
    Applicants applying through the Referral Agent route must continue to submit their applications using the hard copy KidSport application form to your local government.

  • When can I start using the online application form?

    From 14 November 2016, the online application form will be available for public use, for people using the Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card route.
    If you have already applied for KidSport using a hard copy application form this calendar year, you will not need to re-apply again online.

  • I have applied for KidSport before – do I need to apply again?

    You must still apply for KidSport every calendar year if you believe you meet the criteria. Please select, that you have received KidSport funding before.

  • What local government area do I select for my child?

    Please use the local government (Council) that your child resides in.

  • How will I be notified about whether my application is successful?

    Please provide a valid email address in the application form, you will be notified whether your application has been successful to this email.