Clem Kentish and Australia Day WA Awards
Congratulations to this years award winners.
Clem Kentish Community Service Award
Guidelines for the Award
- Minimum length of service to the community is to have been at least twenty (20) years.
- Nominee is to have served on several committees that have benefited the community.
- Nominee is to be a resident of the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale.
- Either organisations or individuals may make nominations for the award.
- Winner is to be presented with a lapel badge and plaque at the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale’s Australia Day Awards’ Ceremony.
Clem Kentish Community Service Award Recipients
Since 1989 the prestigious Clem Kentish Award has been presented to some inspiring members of our community. Congratulations to Sue Mead who was presented with the award this year, Sue has lived in the Shire her whole life and has served on various community organisations for more than 20 years!
Athol Wigg JP
Ronald & Ada Fawcett
Jan Star AM
Edward (Ted) Bett
Brian Johnson (Posthumous)
Colleen & Frank Rankin
Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards
Congratulations to the Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Award winners
Citizen of the Year
Torin and Susan Johnstone
Senior Citizen of the Year
The Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards were presented by the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale at our Australia Day event held on Australia Day 2018. The Patron of the Community Citizen of the Year Awards is Her Excellency the Governor of Western Australia.
The Awards reward and recognise individuals and organisations making a notable contribution during the current year, and/or to those who have given outstanding service over a number of years.
Outstanding contribution and community service includes areas such as; education, health, fund-raising, charitable and voluntary services, business, sport, arts, the environment or any other area that contributes to the advancement and wellbeing of a community.
There are four categories for the Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards:
- Citizen of the Year
- Citizen of the Year (Youth - under 25 years on 26 Jan 2018)
- Citizen of the Year (Senior - over 65 years on 26 Jan 2018)
- Active Citizenship for a Community Group or Event
Nominations for the Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards closed on Tuesday 31 October 2017.
For more information about Australia Day WA Citizen of the Year Awards visit www.citizenshipawards.com.au.
Australia Day WA Citizen of the Year Awards - Nominate Here!
Link to online nomination form.