Clem Kentish and Australia Day WA Awards
Nominations opened on 1 September 2017.
Clem Kentish Community Service Award
Guidelines for the Award
- Minimum length of service to the community is to have been at least twenty (20) years.
- Nominee is to have served on several committees that have benefited the community.
- Nominee is to be a resident of the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale.
- Either organisations or individuals may make nominations for the award.
- Winner is to be presented with a lapel badge and plaque at the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale’s Australia Day Awards’ Ceremony.
Completed forms should be returned to the Chief Executive Officer, Serpentine Jarrahdale Shire, 6 Paterson Street, Mundijong, 6123 by close of business on Tuesday 31 October, 2017.
The Clem Kentish Award Through the Years..
Since 1989 the prestigious Clem Kentish Award has been presented to some inspiring members of our community. Who will join this remarkable list of names as the 2017 recipient?
Athol Wigg JP
Ronald & Ada Fawcett
Jan Star AM
Edward (Ted) Bett
Brian Johnson (Posthumous)
Colleen & Frank Rankin
Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards
Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards close on Tuesday 31 October 2017.
The Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards will be presented by the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale at our Australia Day event on Australia Day 2018. The Patron of the Community Citizen of the Year Awards is Her Excellency the Governor of Western Australia.
The Awards reward and recognise individuals and organisations making a notable contribution during the current year, and/or to those who have given outstanding service over a number of years.
Outstanding contribution and community service includes areas such as; education, health, fund-raising, charitable and voluntary services, business, sport, arts, the environment or any other area that contributes to the advancement and wellbeing of a community.
For the second time the Community Citizen of the Year awards are online, making nominating your local hero a much easier process than in previous years.
Please consider nominating a person, group or event making a significant contribution in the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale community for an award. Eligibility criteria includes:
- Nominees should reside or work principally within the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale.
- Awards may be granted posthumously in recognition of recent achievements.
- A person may receive an award on more than one occasion in recognition of their particularly outstanding community contribution or involvement in an alternative initiative.
- Unsuccessful nominees from previous occasions may be nominated.
There are four categories for the Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards:
- Citizen of the Year
- Citizen of the Year (Youth - under 25 years on 26 Jan 2018)
- Citizen of the Year (Senior - over 65 years on 26 Jan 2018)
- Active Citizenship for a Community Group or Event
Nominations for the Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards close on Tuesday 31 October 2017.
Nominations for the Australia Day WA Community Citizen of the Year Awards are to be submitted online, paper forms are available by request from the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale Administration Centre in Mundijong.