Planning an Event
The Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale strongly supports and encourages events within the community.
- Self assess the risk of your event here.
- This will determine the event application form required.
- Submit to the Event Officer by phone 9526 1110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why hold an event in SJ?
The Shire supports events that contribute to the vibrancy of the local community and will assist you in the process.This page instructs you on how to plan, book and assess your event.
What is an event?
An event can include, but is not limited to: civic, community or commercial events; festivals; expos; functions; workshops; markets; approved parties; information sessions; conferences; sporting; and, recreational events.
A large event has a capacity of 1,000 people or more.
1. To ensure the success of your event and to reduce any potential risk to public health and safety, the Shire assesses all proposed events through an event application based on the level of risk for your event: low, medium and high.
Download the self-assessment form below.
|There are tips of how to reduce the level of risk associated with your event.|
2. Once you have assessed your level of risk you can download the relevant event application form which guides you through the process:
For low risk event
For high risk event
Communication Plan Template
|We invite you to consider using the Shire's facilities to reduce the level of risk.|
Need advice on your event?
The Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale strongly supports and encourages events within the community. You can contact us to discuss your idea, its suitability for the venue, dates and availability plus any other requirements.
Contact our Events Officer by phone 9526 1110 or email email@example.com