Planning an Event
The Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale strongly supports and encourages events within the community.
What is an event?
Types of events
- Large scale community events - a strong community and tourism base
- Significant ongoing community events - not for profit fundraising events or national campaigns
- Local level community events - a local audience relevant to a local sporting or community population
- Place based community events - civic, public and commercial precinct events
- Council or other government events - openings, civic receptions and conferences
Interested in booking an event?
What venues are available for hire?
The Shire has a range of grounds and venues available for hire. All enquiries regarding availability should be made by contacting our Customer Services team on 9526 1111.
Do I need to complete an Event Application Pack?
If your event is open to the public, please complete the Event Checklist below. If you answer YES to any of the questions please complete the Event Application Pack.
When do I need to submit my Event Application Pack?
Event Application Packs must be submitted AT LEAST EIGHT (8) WEEKS prior to your event. Should the event be considered large or high risk, an application may be required 6 to 12 months in advance. Supporting documentation must be included at the time of submitting the pack: Detailed Site Plan, Risk Management Plan and Certificate of Currency for Public Liability. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
- WA Police Party Registration Form (90 KB, pdf )
- Recreation and Culture - Schedule of Fees and Charges 2016-2017 (634 KB, pdf )
- Application for a Collective Food Vendors Approval – Events (2.3 MB, pdf )
- Guideline - Temporary Food Stall (771 KB, pdf )
- Guideline - Sausage Sizzles (97 KB, pdf )
- Form 5 Electrical Certification (612 KB, pdf )
- Confirmation of Electrical Maintenance and Servicing Form (98 KB, pdf )
- Information Note - Electrical Leads and Appliances at Public Events (95 KB, pdf )
- Information Note - Noise for Public Events (94 KB, pdf )
- Information Note - Toilets for Temporary Events (110 KB, pdf )
- Traffic Management for Events - Code of Practice (2.3 MB, pdf )
- Community Event Risk Management Plan - Template (34 KB, DOCX )
- Request for Refund Including Bonds (103 KB, pdf )
- Applying for a Fireworks Event Permit