Advanced Care Planning Workshop
Community event information.
15 March 2018
Advanced care planning workshops in the Peel Region
Over 80% per cent of Australians think it is important to put our end-of-life care treatment preferences into writing, but less than 5% of us have completed an advance care plan.
Palliative Care WA has designed an interactive community workshop to help people to plan ahead and let their families and health care providers know what they would want if they could no longer speak for themselves.
Who should attend?
The workshop is free and open to all community members, regardless of age or health conditions.
What is covered?
- What is advance care planning?
- How to have a conversation about death and dying with your family, loved ones and health care providers.
- Exploring your values and what you want at end of life
- Palliative Care -What is palliative care & when should it be offered?
- Up to date information on organ and tissue Donation in WA
- What are the health and lifestyle choices you can make at the end of life?
- How to make an Advance Health Directive, Enduring Power of Guardianship and Enduring Power of Attorney
What attendees say about the workshop
“Definitely recommend to friends and family”
"Overall excellent, information was comprehensive. I got what I needed”
“What I need to do to ensure I am happy with my future”
Date and Time
- Thursday, 15 March 2018 from 9.30am to 1.30pm
Free event, however RSVP's are essential, please register on the Eventbrite link below.
This event is organised by the Peel Development Commission, Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale and Palliative Care Western Australia.
The workshop is also made possible by the State Government's Royalties for Region Program through the Peel Development Commission.
Serpentine Jarrahdale Community Resource Centre, 2 Paterson Street, Mundijong WA 6123.
Click more options to start directions.