In accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992, reasonable effort has been employed to ensure the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale’s website (‘sjshire.wa.gov.au’) is accessible to everyone.
sjshire.wa.gov.au aims to meet the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) web standard. sjshire.wa.gov.au is currently compliant to at least Level A of the WCAG 2.0 standard. In many cases, the site will be compliant to Level AA and Level AAA.
We are committed to enabling access for disabled persons and non-standard software and hardware, including:
- People with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- Those with slower internet connections or less than state-of-the-art equipment
- Rural and regional users
- Those with non-PC internet devices including hand held devices and mobile phones
If any part of sjshire.wa.gov.au is inaccessible to you or you are experiencing problems accessing the site for any reason, please contact us.
The accessibility features available on this site include:
- Descriptive text for important links (title text) that can be read by assistive technologies.
- Descriptive text for images (alt text) that can be read by assistive technologies.
- Contrasting colour scheme that assists users with visual impairments.
- Use of optimised images and modern design coding standards to decrease load times.
- sjshire.wa.gov.au can be successfully navigated with only a keyboard.
- The text is scalable, allowing it to be resized in the browser window.
- The styling of this site is designed to make the content scalable to fit different screen resolutions.
- URLs are composed in a friendly format and links have meaningful link text.
- All navigation on this site is fully accessible without Javascipt, CSS or images. The navigation is accessible to screen readers and an optimised version is presented where screen width does not allow a standard menu (eg, mobile devices).
To increase the text size of this website and any other website with the below browsers, simply Hold the "Ctrl" key and press the "+" key to increase text size (press "-" to decrease text size)
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
If you are operating in a Mac environment using Safari simply hold "command" key and press the "+" key
Some of the information on our website is in Portable Document Format (PDF). You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded free of charge from the Adobe website. Later versions of this software provide a number of features that improve access for users.
Information in alternative formats
You can also request to acquire any documents available on this site in the following formats:
- Printed hard-copy
- Plain text file
Please contact us to make any such requests or to provide feedback on your experience using this site.
This website is designed to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards and is optimised for modern browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and Safari. All content is accessible in all major browsers, and the site will display consistently where the browser is technically capable. Browser support is provided in a graded fasion, where older browsers will recieve fully accessible content but a limited visual expereince. If you experience less than optimum functionality or design appearance it is likely you are using an older, non standards-compliant browser, which you should consider upgrading.